Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2071
Fax (915) 546-2012 Main Office
Fax (915) 543-3806 Vitals Department (Vitals Request)
Fax (915) 543-3816 Cashier/Recording Department (CIQ filings)
El Paso County Clerk
- Criminal Filings
- In the Criminal County Courts and County Courts at Law the County Clerk is responsible for the indexing and preservation of the filing of all criminal misdemeanors and appeals from Justice of the Peace cases, and the issuance of court records.
- Schedule of Filing Fees - Civil/Criminal
- Basic Services
- Misdemeanor background checks. Customer does own searches at counter computer terminals. Searches done by staff are $6.00.
- Disposition letters on filed cases $6.00
- Copies of any document on file (judgments, dismissals, etc.) are $1.00 each, additional $5.00 if certified
- Receive and file all exhibits in respect to criminal proceeding
- Receive, file and process varied documents and instruments as part of the permanent court record. Examples are, but not limited to: Bonds, motions, subpoenas, orders, judgments, sentences, petitions, warrants, dismissals and commitments
- Maintain all case jackets
- Receive and hold cash bond money. Disburse or refund cash bonds and process as directed by court order.
- Maintain criminal jackets, documents and instruments pertaining to J.P. civil appeals